If you’ve decided that you no longer want to use two-factor authentication on your Apple device, here’s how to turn it off:
Open the Settings app on your device.
Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
Tap ‘Password & Security’.
Under the ‘Two-Factor Authentication’ section, tap ‘Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication’.
Enter your Apple ID password and then tap ‘Turn Off’.
That’s all there is to it! Two-factor authentication will now be disabled for your Apple ID.
2. Why you might want to turn off two factor authentication
Two-factor authentication is an important security measure, but it isn’t always convenient. If you find yourself repeatedly having to enter a code when logging in to your account, you might be better off disabling two-factor authentication.
There are a few reasons why you might want to turn off two-factor authentication. Maybe you’re logging in from a trusted device and you don’t want to be bothered with entering a code every time. Or maybe you’re having trouble receiving codes and you want to temporarily disable two-factor authentication until you can get it sorted out.
Whatever your reason, disabling two-factor authentication is a fairly straightforward process. Here’s how to do it on a few of the most popular platforms.
On iPhone and iPad, go to Settings > iCloud > Account > Security and toggle off the switch for Two-Factor Authentication. On Android, open the Google Settings app and go to Security > 2-Step Verification. Tap the slider next to “Use 2-Step Verification” to turn it off.
If you use Two-Factor Authentication with your Google account, you’ll need to generate a App Password to sign in to certain apps and devices that don’t support Two-Factor Authentication. To do this, go to your Google Account security settings and scroll down to “Signing in to Google.” Under “App Passwords,” click the button to generate a new password.
For other platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, you’ll need to go to the security settings for your account and look for the option to disable two-factor authentication.
Once you’ve disabled two-factor authentication, you’ll be able to sign in to your account without having to enter a code. Keep in mind, however, that your account will be less secure without two-factor authentication, so you should only disable it if you’re sure you won’t need it.
3. How to turn off two factor authentication on other devices
If you’ve decided that you no longer want to use two-factor authentication, you can turn it off for specific devices. Here’s how:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Tap your name at the top of the screen.
- Tap “Password & Security.”
- Under ” Two-Factor Authentication,” tap “Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication.”
- Enter your Apple ID password and tap “Turn Off.”
- Open the Google Settings app on your device.
- Tap “Security.”
- Under “Signing in to Google,” tap “2-Step Verification.”
- You may need to sign in again.
- Tap “Turn off 2-Step Verification.”
- Tap “OK.”
- Open the Authenticator app.
- Tap the account you want to turn off two-factor authentication for.
- Tap “Remove Account” and then “Remove.”
You can also turn off two-factor authentication for your Apple ID by visiting Apple’s website:
- Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in.
- Click “Edit” next to “Security.”
- Click “Turn off two-factor authentication.”
- Enter your password and click “Turn Off.”